Thursday, July 21, 2011

Old Wive's Tales

I saw this on another blog post and since we have our big gender ultrasound on Monday, I thought it'd be fun to do it too and see where we fell. There are about a million and one "gender prediction" Old Wive's Tales. I just did the same ones the other girl had done on her blog...fun to do and we'll see if a few days which ones were correct! :)
CHINESE GENDER CHARTS:
There are multiple versions of this online so I did several…
Chart #1 = BOY
Chart #2 = GIRL
Chart #3 = BOY
Chart #4 = BOY
Chart #5 =GIRL
Chart #6= BOY
There's a some of each here, but BOY won it out 4-2


OLD WIVES' TALES:
Mayans
The Mayans determined the sex of the baby by taking the mother’s age at conception, and the year of conception. If both are even or both are odd… it’s a girl. If one is even and one is odd… it’s a boy.
Both are odd for me.
=GIRL
Nausea
The old wives tale is that a girl will make you more nauseous.
No nausea or sickness AT ALL!
=BOY

Heart Rate
The old wives tales is if the heart rate is above 140, it’s a girl. If it’s below 140, it’s a boy.
Baby’s heart rate so far has been 145-148 which to me is low and makes me think boy, but based on this…
 =GIRL


Cravings
The old wives tale is that if you crave sweets, it’s a girl. If you crave sour, it’s a boy.
This is tricky because I haven’t craved sweets AT ALL—except the biggest thing I have craved is fruit—which I guess is a sweet? But I haven’t craved chocolate or ice cream or anything like that…I’m just going to go with sour because sweets to me is candy/sugar/desserts
=BOY


Hair on Your Legs
The old wives tale is that if the hair on your legs is growing faster than normal, it’s a boy. If it’s growing slower, it’s a girl
definitely have not had to shave my legs as often as I used to
= GIRL
Acne
The old wives tale is that a girl will cause acne because she is doubling your hormones.
Haven’t had any problems with this
=BOY

Clumsiness
The old wives tales is that if you are clumsier than before, it’s a boy. If you are as graceful as ever, it’s a girl.
hmmm…I wouldn’t say this has changed at all really…
=GIRL
Boobs
The old wives tale is that if your boobs grow a lot, it’s a girl.
Really not a huge change yet (thank goodness)—certainly not a lot like it says
=BOY
Sleep
The old wives tale is that if you prefer to sleep on your right side, it’s a boy. If you prefer to sleep on your left side, it’s a girl.
I'm a stomach sleeper (or was :)) so neither side is entirely comfortable because I'm not used to it. I spend a lot of time going back and forth to either side-- but I generally gravitate toward sleeping on my right side. 

=BOY
Hands
The old wives tale is that if you have softer hands, it’s a girl. Rougher hands, it’s a boy.

 My hands feel pretty soft...
=GIRL


High or Low
The old wives tale is that if you feel heaviness down low, it’s a boy. If you feel pressure up higher, it’s a girl.
Well, I'm not really carrying anywhere right now! I guess if I were to say one or the other I feel it/ notice it more higher up…
=GIRL



= BOY
The verdict here?

GIRL = 8
BOY = 9
So, pretty much 50/50 ha! :) Of course we have the genetics element, which is why Dave and I are both pretty positive this little one is a boy. His dad is one of six boys and all of the six boys have children. There is one girl out of all of the nieces/nephews (Krista! :)). We just have the weekend before we find out Monday morning if our predictions are right!

1 comment: